Director of Strategy and Marketing
Laura is a seasoned marketing, communication, and management professional with more than 25 years’ experience who has spent the last 18 years designing and managing integrated marketing for leading energy clients. As our Director of Strategy and Marketing, Laura oversees Fiveworx company strategy and positioning, marketing, market intelligence, business development, strategic partnerships, and existing business expansion. She is on the board of directors for the Association of Energy Services Professionals (AESP). She also serves as a trainer for the AESP Institute and is co-vice chair of AESP’s Topic Committees.
Laura loves building strategic, results-driven marketing initiatives that drive greater customer engagement and satisfaction and maximizing partnership-marketing efforts that support client objectives. Ultimately, her passion lies in designing and implementing initiatives that truly motivate target audiences to take action around the meaningful issues of our times–energy, environment, water, and technology.
Laura began her career in the energy services industry at Glendale Water & Power in Glendale, California. She then founded and led the Strategic Marketing Practice in Cadmus’ Energy Services Division, where she oversaw iconic, award-winning energy efficiency marketing campaigns for clients such as the U.S. EPA’s ENERGY STAR program, Mass Save, National Grid, Efficiency Maine, and many more.
Work & Education
- Director of Strategy and Marketing at Fiveworx, 2014-Present
- Member of AESP Board of Directors, Association of Energy Services Professionals, 2010-Present
- Principal, Marketing and Communications at The Cadmus Group, 2001-2014
- Public Education Coordinator at Glendale Water & Power, 1999-2000
- Independent Documentary Producer, Research Video, 1997-1999
- Researcher and Writer, Edutopia – The George Lucas Educational Foundation, 1995-1996
- Communications and Outreach, National Telemedia Council, 1991-1994
- Documentary Film Development, Varied Directions, 1989-1990
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1991-1994
- Boston University, 1984-1988
Laura is a Boston-based music fan with a special affinity for David Bowie. In her prior life, she worked for George Lucas, met Elvis Costello, and had dinner with Michael Jackson and his children at Neverland Ranch. She works from her home office, and can often be seen taking calls on her retro Snoopy phone!
- Laura is married to a musician and is thrilled that her middle-school-aged children are following in their dad’s footsteps.
- “Best part of working from home? Avoiding the awful Boston commute!”
- Mac or PC? “Grew up on a PC. Fiveworx gave me a Mac air and I love it! It’s very intuitive and light.”
- “My Hunky Dory tattoo was a milestone birthday gift to myself. It’s not just the name of my favorite Bowie album, it’s my outlook on life!”